Announcements

• CoP Co-Chair Position is Open!

Good morning, everyone,

As you may know, the Student Peer Support Programs community supported by volunteers and Co-chairs to make some things happen.  The Co-Chairs serve on alternating two-year cycles, with terms beginning and ending our CACUSS conference in June.  Erin has served the needs of this community for the last two years and is making way for new leadership this time around, so we are opening our search for the next Co-Chair.

Being a Co-Chair with SPSP means that you get to be part of two great projects: a database highlighting Peer Programs across Canada and a new Webinar series.  Also, bi weekly chats with me where we can discuss what else we want to do to serve the community.  Here is part of the official role description:

"Each Community of Practice or Network is led by two Co-Chairs, who are responsible for liaising and communicating with members, representing the Community or Network at the Assembly of CACUSS Communities, and providing leadership for Community or Network activities, research, and/or advocacy."

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or contact myself or Erin directly.  From a personal stance, being a Co-Chair has really lead me to expand and challenge my leadership (and time management) in CACUSS.  As much as I love going to conferences, I love to see more plans put into action.  I felt like a part of a larger community of professionals who shared my ideas (I am quite isolated in my role here) and passion for student support.

I really look forward to hearing from you!